You have the opportunity to participate in a new, timely educational program: “Cracking the Codes: Coding and Billing for Vaccinations with Fluzone®”
This complimentary, updated program provides a comprehensive review of correct coding for Fluzone vaccine presentations and entitled payment for the 2017-2018 influenza season. Influenza vaccine billing is complicated and seasonal, and you should annually see that you are coding and billing correctly. There are 25 codes for influenza vaccines, so it can be confusing. Additionally, the AMA recently changed how dosage is expressed in influenza vaccine CPT descriptions. You need to be aware of these changes.
You can join a live webinar followed by a question-and-answer session with a coding expert, or you may view the program’s on line modules, on-demand, at your convenience, 24/7.
LIVE WEBINAR EVENT DATES Eastern Time
Tuesday, August 8, 2017 1:00 PM
Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:00 PM
Wednesday, August 16, 2017 3:00 PM
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:00 PM
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:00 PM
Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:00 PM
To get more information about and register for this event, please click on the link below:
Practices can have thousands of dollars in vaccine inventory sitting in refrigerators. No matter how good storage equipment is, exposure to high or low temperatures can happen. You can limit the damage by knowing what to do.
• Investigate and determine how long the vaccine temperatures have been out of range.
• Investigate whether or not the temperature data logger and notification system work.
• Pay attention to whether or not the refrigerator door was ajar or is making an unusual noise.
• Inventory the vaccine affected currently in the refrigerator.
• Inventory any temperature stabilizing items in the refrigerator (water bottles, coolant packs)
• Find out if there are other documented temperature excursions with the current refrigerator.
• Contact the vaccine manufactures to determine the status of the vaccine.
• Document the incident, results and actions taken to prevent another temperature excursion.
Getting patients back in to your practice for follow-up shots is a challenge for most practices across the country, as evidenced by the following statistics:
CPP has launched the 2nd Dose Program, providing an opportunity for members to examine your practice’s 2nd dose immunization rates for meningococcal ACWY, meningococcal B, HPV, and/or adult pneumococcal, and earn an educational grant! It is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
For information on how to participate, please contact the CPP office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-277-9330.
The Ohio Department of Health has recently launched a new Impact SIIS for providers in Ohio!
Training videos and user guides are available after logging into the new system. More information can be found by going to the Ohio Department of Health Impact landing page.
On July 18, 2017 at 12:15PM EST, Pfizer will be hosting a webinar with Dr. Boris Skurkovich who will be discussing serogroup B meningococcal disease.
For more details and to register, click here.
CPP members can now access a recording of Dr. Richard Tuck coding seminar “Value Based Care: An Opportunity!”. The recording is now posted in the coding resources section of the CPP website. Please contact the CPP office at email@example.com if you need the login credentials to access the password protected materials.
Price increases in general are not fun. Fortunately in the case of vaccines, buying group members receive 30 to 90 days of advanced notice before the new pricing becomes effective. This timing enables a practice to take action to minimize the negative impact to their bottom line. Here are several steps you can take:
- Notify your payers of the change and refer them to the updated CDC Private Sector List price as the benchmark for reimbursements.
- Update your billing rates accordingly
- Purchase a refrigerator and freezer large enough to store extra vaccines purchased during this discount period
- Strategically time your purchases so that you can purchase as much product as you can at the pre-increase price
- Check all invoices to make sure the pre-increase price is honored through the implementation date
If you have any questions about the overall financial health of your immunization services, contact CPP for a free analysis!